City of Detroit Downtown Development Authority
The DDA supports private investments and business growth within Detroit's central business district (Click here for a map
) with loans, sponsorships and grants, capital improvements to public infrastructure and other programs that increase economic activity. These programs are described in the Business Services and Projects sections of this web site.
Funding for DDA programs comes from a number of sources including grants, contracts, interest on loans and captured tax increments - increases in property taxes that result from new investments - on approved developments. Property owners within the DDA district pay a 1 mill property tax to fund the basic operation of the DDA.
The DDA has regularly scheduled meetings on the second and fourth Thursday of each month. It may also hold special meetings as needed. All meetings are announced by a posting outside the offices of DEGC, Guardian Building, 500 Griswold, Suite 2200, Detroit and at the Coleman A. Young Municipal Center. Check our calendar
- Hon. Dave Bing, Mayor of the City of Detroit
- Robert Anderson, City of Detroit
- R. Jan Appel, Downtown Resident
- Marvin Beaty, Greektown Casino
- David Blaszkiewicz, Detroit Investment Fund/Downtown Detroit Partnership
- Ehrlich Crain, White Construction
- Harold Curry, C.O.S. Group, LLC
- Sonya Delley, Flagstar Bank
- Cheryl Johnson, City of Detroit
- Stephen Ogden, Next Detroit Neighborhood Initiative