Built in Detroit is an exclusive DEGC program that advances an international economic development blueprint for the city. It is focused on growing international and export opportunities for local companies. The program also promotes Detroit’s story of resurgence to the global business community.
Through its network of public and private partners, Built in Detroit strengthens the regional trade ecosystem to expand the number of exporters and value of exports from Detroit. We advocate for the importance of exporters and export-led growth as a critical cornerstone of the regional economy, and we connect foreign corporate prospects to Detroit’s global business network in order to showcase industry assets and opportunities. To support the needs of global companies interested in doing business in Detroit, DEGC offers a variety of services:
- Research: DEGC’s researchers provide custom data to assist with the assessment of opportunities, including supply chain evaluations, leading industries, capital costs, tax comparisons and workforce data
- Real Estate: Detroit’s commercial and industrial properties offer a rich urban experience at an affordable cost. Whether a company needs a downtown office or space for a new facility, Detroit has the ideal site.
- Workforce: Through its network of partners, DEGC offers connections to a skilled labor pool as well as the resources to train talent in required skills. Federal visa resources are also available for international entrepreneurs and investors.
- Business Development/Introductions: From development and construction to finance and banking, DEGC can connect international investors with local business service providers that have the capacity to work globally.
- Financing: DEGC’s comprehensive economic toolkit offers information on a wide range of public and private sector partners to help international firms finance a venture in Detroit.
To learn more about DEGC’s international services, contact Business Development Manager for FDI, Sandra Choi,