What is the BuyDetroit Procurement Portal?
The BuyDetroit Procurement Portal is Detroit’s online opportunity clearinghouse for procuring local goods and services. Through this single source, buyers and suppliers can:
- Start a conversation
- Connect with peers
- Post new opportunities
- Search and respond to RFP/Q
- Procure goods and services from other Detroit-based suppliers
- Participate in capacity building workshops
Companies from around the globe are invited to join the portal to make connections with Detroit-based suppliers, post opportunities, and procure goods and services.
|Start making connections||Three people conversing|
|Search for procurement opportunities||A man performing a search on his laptop|
|Post and respond to RFP/Q||A close-up of the hands of someone completing a form|
|Procurement local goods and services||A woman and man working in a warehouse|
In the Portal Today
How to Use the Portal
The training videos do not have sound, with a few exceptions. Use the video controls to make the video full-screen, or to pause, fast forward, or rewind.
Create a BuyDetroit portal account
Sign Up for the Marketplace
Make Connections and Meet
Search for and view opportunities
Comerica sourcing opportunities
- Facilities & Construction – general contractors, interior and exterior renovations, landscaping, snow removal, parking lot paving, striping, etc.
- Marketing and print
- PPE – health and safety products
- Human Resources services – training, recruiting, online learning
- Legal Services
- Financial technology services to support Wealth Management, Commercial and Business Banking – including hardware, software, cloud, data analytics, telecom, Information security, application.
DTE Supplier Resource Center
DTE’s Supplier Resource Center lists bid opportunities and other key information for working with DTE. New bid opportunities are updated monthly.
City of Detroit sourcing opportunities
Register as a supplier with the City of Detroit to access procurement opportunities.
BuyDetroit has partnered with LISC to bring forth a FREE program for small businesses—the Verizon Small Business Digital Ready program. It’ll teach you strategies other businesses are using to get ahead. And you’ll learn how to be more digitally savvy.
Small Business Digital Ready provides personalized content, coaching, networking and more, and all the online tools are in one place, so it’s easy to use. Here’s how it works.
- When you sign up for the program, you’ll answer a series of questions about your business and your specific needs and interests. Based on your answers, Verizon and its partners will personalize a learning dashboard with content to match your needs.
- Next, you’ll have access to short online learning modules created by actual small business owners on the topics most important to your business right now.
- You’ll have the opportunity to sign up for coaching events and start networking with other small businesses. Not only that, as you participate in the program, you can become eligible to apply for an exclusive pool of grants, as well as benefit from an exclusive marketplace of tools, solutions, products and services that can help move your business forward.
Small Business Digital Ready is part of Verizon’s commitment to provide support for 1 million small businesses over the next decade.
Take advantage of this great opportunity and start building a better business!