District Business Liaisons
What is a District Business Liaison?
DBLs are neighborhood business owners’ best friends. They are here to help navigate through any challenges you may have and connect you to the robust ecosystem of business support organizations in our city. DBLs work in close partnership with the Mayor’s Office, City Council, and every organization and initiative that supports small businesses in Detroit. A DBL’s job is to focus on neighborhood business owners’ needs, and to work directly with the community’s entrepreneurs to help our commercial corridors thrive.
How we can help you
- Helping business owners navigate city resources including but not limited to permitting, licensing, plan review, zoning variances, and inspections
- Connecting business owners with the resources they need to grow and thrive such as capital, talent, business support services, and grant programs
- Collecting data and information that shows trends in where challenges lie for businesses in Detroit, in order to inform process, policy, and programmatic improvements that benefit the small business community
District Business Liaisons
Find your District Business Liason
Open for Business Guide
DEGC has partnered with the City’s Lean Six Sigma program to offer the Open for Business Guide, a comprehensive resource to lead entrepreneurs through the process of properly starting their business in the City of Detroit.
Basics of Business Licensing
Recently the business improved its exterior appearance, thanks to help from Tenecia Johnson, DEGC’s District Business Liaison for District 1.
Let Us Support Your Small Detroit Business
Our Small Business Call Center is open Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 844-333-8249.
The DEGC serves businesses operating or planning to operate in Detroit only.
*These fields are required.
Connect to City Processes
The City of Detroit has online resources that can get you and your small business the help you need. Check out the links below for information on a variety of City processes
- Learn about compliance and codes
Buildings, safety, Engineering and Environmental Department (BSEED)
- Get certified as a Detroit based business
Detroit Business Opportunity Program
- Get licenses and permits the easy way
Detroit Accela/Electronic Licensing and Permits System (eLAPS)
- Make sense of your water bill
- Be a City supplier
Office of Contracting and Procurement
- Take the first steps towards getting a building permit
Blight Clearance and Blight Clearance Process and Blight Violation Look-up
- Get connected with a talented workforce
Detroit At Work – Request for Employees Form