SBA Restaurant Revitalization Award
- Registrations begins Friday, April 30, 2021, at 9 am ET.
- Applications will open on Monday, May 3, 2021, at noon ET.
Under the program, restaurant owners and other eligible business owners can receive up to $10 million per business, with no more than $5 million awarded per physical location. Grants will not be taxed and recipients will not be required to repay award money. The amount of the grant must not exceed the “pandemic-related” revenue loss of the applicant, less funds received under the PPP.
- Restaurants, food stands, caterers and bars.
- Be open, temporarily closed or opening soon
- Not own or operate more than 20 locations
- Have not filed for bankruptcy
- Not publicly traded, a nonprofit or state or local government-operated
- Have not received a Shuttered Venues Operators Grant
HOW TO APPLY
- Through a recognized SBA Restaurant Partner.Also known as SBA’s Point-of-Sale (POS) Restaurant Partners, these partners are tech companies providing software, hardware and payments services in foodservice.
- Directly through the SBA.Visit restaurants.sba.gov to register for an account, submit an application and complete the required questionnaire and attestations. You’ll also need to upload documentation of eligible expenses and execute a DocuSign package to finalize the application.
- Via telephone.Eligible applicants can dial (844) 279-8898 to apply for the RRF
During the first 21 days of the application period, anyone can submit an application but the SBA will only process and fund priority group applications—those from small businesses owned and controlled by women, veterans and the socially and economically disadvantaged.
ELIGIBLE EXPENSES INCLUDE
- Payroll costs
- Mortgage and rent payments
- Debt service
- Utility payments
- Supplier costs
- Food and beverage expenses